Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Write On

Today we had people that like to write read their short stories and poems.  It is very interesting to listen to them share their talents.  We have a lot of talented people at our center.  The program started out with Dale Waudby reading about his first kiss.


As Dale read his story I could see some of the audience could relate to what he was talking about.  Then I could see Dale liked remembering the first kiss.


LaRae Frew read about her life as a small child.  I think that she was loved as a child.  Her words flowed very smoothly as the story developed in our listening minds.

It was as plan as Vickie standing in front of us that friends are very important to her.  Vickie Banks created a poem of how important and what a blessing friends are.  I'm sure she makes all of her friends grateful that she is a friend with them.

Vickie Smith was kind enough to read a story written by Lana Price.  Lana had written about wisdom while talking to a grandchild.  The wise grandmother ended up not admitting the child to be right.  Then Vickie told about cutting fish as a resturant.  She ended up eating her own words.


Valerie Wells did a short poem about being like a blade of grass.  It was uplifting, short, thought provoking and sweet.  Grass isn't such a bad thing to be after all.

Afterward I told about a poem my mother had written
Through my hair I ran a comb
For I know not why
For when I stepped outside the door
The wind just made it fly.
Barbara Jeppson

I told of how we can build stories with each other.  Remember the game of I'll start the story and you add to it?  We did that.  The seniors and I were able to make up two short stories.  It was fun to see the imagination stir in their minds as their input built the stories.

Hopefully we can continue to find the hidden treasures that live in each seniors lives and get to know them better.