Friday, May 16, 2014

Senior Idol Center Tryouts 2014

The finalist from our center were Philo Searle and Deanna Chandler.  They were to compete on The Senior Idol Event.  Congrats you two, good job! 




Everyone that tried out did such a great show.  Thanks for sharing with us.




Walter Cummings gave his all at the Senior Idol Center Tryouts.  This is were our center people vote in the two contestants to move onto the Senior Idol Event.  Walter was put in first of the line because of his health.  He had been in the hospital the night before.  When I saw him walk into the room ready to tryout my jaw hit the floor.  Jolene, his wife, asked Walter if he really wanted to do this.  He very firmly replied he did.

I was on the stage while Walter was singing.  I quietly told him to smile.  Walter was on the stage with oxygen sitting on his walker.  He was becoming very pale to the point I was worried.  Just then, he popped into action smiled then started to dance.  Well, I thought, he is alright.  He was doing a bang up good job.  Everyone was enjoying it.

The tryouts finished with the usual sing-a-long while the judging was calculated the scores.  Then we had clean up.  As I was cleaning up the stage I looked down to see Walter wasn't in a good way and people were helping him.

This sweet little man had just passed away.  He had finished his bucket list and died happily.  What a fine example he always was to all of us.  We will always remember his final show.  Good-bye you wonderful man.